1. Understanding & Developing High-Quality IEPs
If you’re looking for a comprehensive guide to all things IEP, begin with this free eBook. This resource covers the essentials of the complete IEP process, including:
- Writing goals that are observable, measurable and attainable
- Providing access to the general education curriculum
- Using data tracking to help support your student and classroom goals
2. Components of an IEP
Do you need step-by-step instructional tips to keep handy while writing IEPs? This infographic pieces together the mandatory components of an IEP along with guidance on what goes into each section, including:
- Statement of goals
- Statement of special education needs
- Description of service delivery
- Statement of transition
- And more!
Save it to your desktop or print it and keep it handy at your desk for easy reference.
3. Tips for Writing Successful IEPs
Are you looking for some ways to improve your IEP process and guide your team to success? Use these tips as a reference to support every step of the process, including how to craft a strong PLAAFP statement, develop goals, focus on service details and appoint a facilitator to lead the collaborative process.
4. Developing a Comprehensive PLAAFP Statement
Need to bring your IEP team up to speed on Present Levels of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance (PLAAFP) Statements and how they relate to your students’ goals and academic success? In this article, JoDell Heroux, Associate Professor at the Department of Counseling and Special Education Central Michigan University, offers you some helpful tips on writing these statements, which form the basis of IEP goals. She advises that data must come from curriculum-based measures, direct observations, student work, parent/family concerns and additional information from service providers. And her writing tips include using a family-friendly tone and creating a checklist to ensure you include every item from the PLAAFP statement in the IEP goals.
5. 4 Ways Unique Learning System Helps You Write IEPs
Do you want to explore how our award-winning learning solutions can help you with IEP development? This blog post explains four ways the tools in Unique Learning System support and simplify the IEP process:
- Developing the Present Levels of Performance Statement
- Identifying goals and objectives and ensuring they are measurable and observable
- Aligning lessons with individual state standards
- Monitoring individual student progress
We hope these resources will help prepare you and your team for every step of the IEP process. Use these tools to confidently craft an IEP from start to finish and ensure each of your students has a plan that will help them reach their full potential in your program.