Easy access to high‑frequency vocabulary
An ideal way to meet daily communication needs for emergent learners to aging adults, this convenient visual vocabulary set features the first 50 universal core words—commonly used vocabulary found in trusted lists like Dolch, Fry and Project Core. Each square features an engaging, recognizable symbol from n2y’s popular SymbolStix PRIME database.
Simple yet powerful communication tools
- Meaningful, age-appropriate research-based symbols
- Durable, non-creasing, non-peeling and nontoxic—made to last in special education classrooms or therapy settings
- Visually uncluttered 3″ x 3″ squares pairing a word with an easy-to-interpret symbol
- Conveniently packaged in a self-closing tin for safe storage or transport
- Time-saving for easy use in communication boards, word walls and pocket charts
Words included in Core Vocabulary Set 1
You Might Also Like…
Visual Communication Strategies for Nonverbal Students
Learn the why and how of using visual communication and the power of symbol-support.
What History and Research Say About Symbols
Symbols are essential teaching and learning supports for some students.
SymbolStix SQUARES Core Vocabulary Value Bundle
Save 10% with this 2-set bundle of the first 100 core words to support communication in emergent learners through aging adults.